We brought up the tree the day after Thanksgiving and the big girls were so excited to help decorate!
This is the "Safe Tree" that has mostly non-breakable things on it. I gave them a box full of christmas balls, bells and other trinkets (and candy canes!) to put on the tree themselves. At first, the tree was pretty bottom-heavy in decor, but then Evelyn got this bright idea:
She is really impressed with her efforts. She and Matilda still get excited every day when I turn on the lights.

The "Safe Tree" also has all our travelling ornaments on it. Whenever we visit a new place, Ed and I try to pick up an ornament or bauble to put on the tree to remember the trip. We're only missing 6 cities: Orlando, New Orleans, Charleston, Wellington, Madrid, and Montreal.
The "Safe Tree" also has all our travelling ornaments on it. Whenever we visit a new place, Ed and I try to pick up an ornament or bauble to put on the tree to remember the trip. We're only missing 6 cities: Orlando, New Orleans, Charleston, Wellington, Madrid, and Montreal.
The ornament Evelyn is looking at is a light house from our trip to Cape Cod. while we were decorating the tree, I told the girls about the trips associated with each of the special ornaments. For this one, I explained to Matilda that we took her to Cape Cod before Evelyn was born. Something was lost in translation, however, and it is now "The lighthouse where Evelyn was born." :)
No comments:
Post a Comment