Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Princess Post





I have been trying to encourage Matilda to practice her writing by sending mail.  However, she thinks of so many things to say she gets discouraged and tired before she finishes writing them all and I don't always have time to spell out every word one letter at a time for her, so we tried something new with her latest letter--she dictated, I transcribed, and I left blanks for her to fill in.  She enjoyed it and got some practice and seems more eager to write letters again, so I think we'll do this for a while, slowly leaving more and more blanks.

I found an article that claims that if you mail a letter to a Disney Princess at this address you will recieve a Princess postcard in return.  Checked it out and it seems legit.  I haven't told her about the return mail yet, that will be a nice surprise in a few weeks.

Her letter says:
Dear Rapunzel,
I saw your stage show.  I have a toy tower just like your tower.  Maybe you could visit my house.  I would like to show you my fairies.  I drew you a map.
Love,
Matilda




No comments: