Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thankful

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving here.  It was the first holiday since Grandpa Mike and Grandma Marilyn got married and we were SO happy to have her here!  (I would have loved to include some more pictures but Blogger thinks the files are too big!)
The Christy's brought birthday gifts for Evelyn and Adelaide--a Strawberry Shortcake cash register for Evelyn and soft, adorable, animal bowling set for Adelaide--big hits!



Grandpa and the kids played "Don't Break the Ice."  They also took Matilda on a walk to the Fabyan mansion and gardens, which she really enjoyed!  The day before Thanksgiving the girls and I had a pizza supper with Grandpa Mike and Grandma Marilyn and the girls got plenty of play time over the three days that they were here.


Knowing the kids wouldn't really appreciate the Thanksgiving spread, I gave them what they like most--Mac n Cheese and a movie.  They were quite satisfied.  Adelaide fell asleep about 5 minutes after they started--with a full belly!


The grownups had a more traditional spread--baked sweet potatoes with apple, onion, thyme and sage, sour cream mashed potatoes, bread pudding dressing with sausage, sage, apples, dried cranberries and apricots, cider glazed roast turkey, and a white wine and fried sage gravy with pumpkin gingerbread trifles for dessert.

 In our new dining room!  Eeeee!!


This was exactly the Thanksgiving I've been dreaming of--FIVE kids!  They were all so good and really enjoyed each-other's company.  They even cooperated for group photos.  I hope we can do this picture every year as they grow--and maybe even with more kids in it!


Well... mostly cooperated, of course my girls get a little silly :)


No comments: