Friday, October 24, 2008
Friday Feature
This was a big week for Matilda!
She is starting to recognize her name. She will turn towards you when you say it, and when I stick it into songs I'm singing to her she'll smile as soon as she hears "Matilda."
She's laughing and cooing a lot more. She's starting to really find her voice and can get pretty loud--especially in the morning!
She's still teething, and she just went through a monster of a growth spurt--she was waking up 3-5 times a night to eat--previously she never got up more than once a night to eat since she was 7 weeks old. It was exhausting. But, she gained 9 ounces in one week! An average growth rate for babies is 1/2 an ounce a day, and Matilda has previously been slower than that, so you can see she's really grown this week!
She is now 11 pounds 7.5 ounces and she's too long for most of her 0-3 month sleepers--we just moved her up to the 3-6 month footed pajamas yesterday.
She's still loving to "stand" with help, but now she can do it just holding my fingers as long as I stand her up. She doesn't know how to get up on her own yet.
She's working on her tummy muscles, getting ready to sit (as you can see in the first video). She does these little "V" crunches where she lifts her head and shoulders up and her legs up at the same time.
And the big one--she rolled over for the first time (on purpose anyway) on Wednesday. She was 15 weeks and 5 days old when she did it. And I'm so proud! She did it while Ed was home for lunch and we were lucky enough to catch it on film. I'm so happy Daddy was home for this milestone.
Here she is rolling over:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment