Monday, October 13, 2008

MMMMMMMMMonday

It has been suggested that I post some recipies on here occasionally. I made a really tasty one this week and thought I'd share. It was moist and sweet and just a bit tangy. I hope you like it!

Sour Cream Coffee Cake
For the cake:
1c. butter
2c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 c. flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

For the filling:
1 jar preserves (optional)

2 Tbs butter
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. flour
1 tsp cinnamon

cream 1 c. butter with 2c. sugar, beat until fluffy

beat in 2 eggs one at a time

add 1c. sour cream and 1 tsp vanilla

mix together 2c. flour, 1 tsp baking powder, and 1/4 tsp salt and stir into batter.

Pour 1/2 the batter into a greased 9x13 pan (you can use other pans but you will have to adjust your cooking time)

For the filling: Melt 2 Tbsp butter. Stir in 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2c. brown sugar and 1/3 c. flour and mix thoroughly.

Spread 1/2 a jar of your favorite preserves (I used my aunts home made blueberry) on the 1/2 of batter you poured into the pan. Sprinkle 1/2 the cinnamon filling on top of that.
Pour on the rest of the batter and smooth out, top with the other 1/2 of the jar of preserves and sprinkle the reserved 1/2 of the cinnamon filling.

Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with no wet batter on it (it is a very moist cake, so there will be crumbs on the toothpick unless you over-cook it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes - keep the tried and true recipes coming!! Thought you might enjoy looking at this food blog; they have really great looking recipes and pictures: www.smittenkitchen.com

Lauren Gibney