She has changed our lives so much. I couldn't possibly put into words the way she has affected us, but I can tell you about all that she has learned in this time!
When we brought her home all she did was sleep, cry, poop and eat (and even that wasn't easy!). She has learned to roll over, she can sit on her own, she can even start to stand for a bit while she's holding on to something. She laugh and giggles a lot--she's very ticklish and thinks that Daddy is hilarious! She choses her favorite toys and grabs them and plays with them, she bangs on things and delights in the fact that she can make noises, she's growing and growing and growing, and she's getting very chatty. She knows who mom and dad are, but she's friendly and likes to play with everyone. She has favorite toys (like her whisk and remote control) but those are changing now that Christmas and it's bounty came! She interacts with the dogs and she sleeps in her own room. She likes to listen to us read her stories. She snuggles and tries to give mommy kisses and she reaches out for me whenever I am near. Just yesterday she was playing in the hallway practicing her sounds and I could hear her saying over and over "Ma... mamm... mah" I know it doesn't mean anything yet, but it makes me so excited for the time that it does. She's also experimenting with D, G, B and P. And she likes to make kissy noises.
I love being her mom and every sleepless night and crazy worry has been totally worth it.
1 comment:
I LOVE THE PICTURES. MATILDA IS GROWING SO FAST. I AM SO ANXIOUS TO SEE HER AGAIN.
LOVE,
GRANDMA GUSTAFSON
Post a Comment