This is a favorite at our house--particularly around the holidays, but we'll make it whenever we can. The recipe comes from the Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation in Lake Oconee, GA. Ed and I went there on our honeymoon and they were serving these all the time and they were delicious! When it was time to leave they gave us a jar-full and the recipe. They are delicious and bring back great memories for us.
Also, the lodge is fantastic, so if you're looking for a nice place for a luxurious and relaxing vacation I couldn't recommend the Reynold's Plantation more.
Spiced Pecans
1 Pound Pecan Halves
1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
1 Tbsp. Ground Cumin
1 Tbsp. Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp. Kosher Salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line sheet pan with parchment or silpat mat
Combine all ingredients and mix well.
Arrange in a single layer on pan
Bake 15 minutes, then stir.
Bake an additional 10 minutes.
Allow pecans to cool 5 minutes, then stir to loosen individual pieces.
Once completely cooled, store in an airtight container.
Enjoy!
Edited to add--yes, I am so tired I really did think it was Monday until I saw the post with a big "Tuesday" above it.
4 comments:
I would eat them every day if I could!
I was searching for this recipe and found it on your blog. I was there a few years ago and enjoyed their pecans. I tried your recipe and found them to be quite spicy (hot) even though I cut back on the cayenne. Is it really 1 Tablespoon?
Lisa, I am sure about the 1 tablespoon of both cumin and cayenne. They are a bit spicy, but the recipe here is exactly the one from the card we were given by the staff at the Ritz Lodge in GA. I hope that cutting the cayenne back further next time results in the perfect nut for you!
Thanks Jen. I do appreciate having the recipe. My Mother thinks they are perfect. Happy Holidays.
Post a Comment