Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday Feature


Matilda is growing so fast and learning so many neat new things that I've decided she deserves a weekly post highlighting all of her new developments.
So, this will be the first Friday Feature.

Matilda is 11 weeks old today. This week she:
Has been fascinated by her hands and feet and has learned to kick things on purpose. She especially loved splashing in the tub this week!

Is talking more and more and has started squealling to get our attention. As usual, she's at her best in the morning, but she is chattier and chattier every day now.

Will smile in response to my smile from across the room. She used to only smile if I got right up in her face and smiled at her, now, she's more attentive and notices me smiling from farther away and will reciprocate.

Is getting harder to take smiling pictures of. She's noticed the camera and now when we pull out the camera she just looks at it, surprised or confused, and we need to tag-team her to get the smiles on film now. So neat that she's noticing the world around her, but I wish she would smile for the camera!

Slept for 9 hours straight without even needing me to put her pacifier back in. Yes, last night was heavenly. Down at 9:30 and not a peep until 7.

I know this stuff is probably more interesting to me than it is to anyone else, but y'all can deal with it once a week, right?

Have a great weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Friday Feature! It is so full of information that I am interested in and it is a good record to keep of Matilda's development. I can't wait to hold my "little Pumpkin" next week! Cute outfit and Romper and Matilda look like best friends! Where's Laddie?

Love,
Grandma Gustafson

Anonymous said...

i think the friday feature is awesome! it lets me see what matilda is up to and know what to look forward to in boston! i think out of this friday feature i'm most looking forward to 9 hours straight of sleep. that is great, congratulations!!! talk to you soon.

nat