Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday Feature


Matilda is 12 weeks old today!

Here's what she's been up to this week:

Lots more squealing and chatting.

She's using her feet purposefully more splashing, touching her toys and kicking me, she's getting more control of those feet too!

She's figured out how to use her hands, and she's still enthralled by them. She'll hold them up in front of her face and turn them over and over studying her fingers.

She pulled the tabs on her own diaper this morning like she was going to just rip it off and change herself! (I think this is more of a funny accident than an actual development though!)

She's still blowing spit bubbles, rolling from side to side and doing a pretty good job of sleeping at night, but I'll be happy when I can quit getting up to put dropped pacifiers back in!

Also, she smiles more and more. She even does a bashful smile now where she balls up her little fists and hides behind them! She's getting really expressive and learning to like short stories, other babies' faces, peek-a-boo, and patty-cake.

Otter than that, she's been really cranky for the last few days, chewing on her fists and her pacifier and biting me along with super fussies make me think it might be early teething. I made my first "fretful mother" appointment with the pediatrician today.

No comments: